It is hereby notified that the Moderna (Spikevax) COVID-19 bivalent vaccine (original strain/Omicron variant BA.1) has been extended to adolescents aged 12 to 17 years with an additional dose since November 1, 111.
1. In accordance with the Central Epidemic Command Center for Severe and Special Infectious Pneumonia letter No. 1113700579 dated October 31, 111 (see Annex I).
2. Effective November 1, 111, the additional dose should be administered at least 12 weeks (84 days) after the last basic dose, basic booster dose or the previous additional dose.
3.For possible reactions and rare and mostly mild myocarditis or pericarditis after mRNA vaccination in adolescents, parents/guardians are advised to read the "Spikevax COVID-19 Bivalent Vaccination Information" (see Appendix II) and sign the "Evaluation and Intentions for Vaccination for 12-17 and 18+ Years of Age" (see Appendix III).
4.After completing the vaccination, please go to the "Vaccine Report" in the Nanying University APP and add the "Taiwan V-Watch" COVID-19 Vaccination - Health Report (as shown in Attachment 4) to enhance the efficiency of vaccine safety monitoring, related care and response.
5. For "those who are not suitable for mRNA vaccination as assessed by doctors" or "those who wish to choose other types of vaccination", they may use the approved monovalent vaccines in Taiwan as additional doses.
6. During the vaccination holidays, students should ask their classroom teachers to make sure that they are accompanied and taken care of at home, and to take care of their health condition; if there is any adverse reaction after vaccination, please report to the Health and Safety Section of the Student Affairs Office for continuous follow-up and care.
7. All teachers and students are encouraged to complete the COVID-19 vaccination in order to enhance protection.
Office of Student Affairs Health Service Section